Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Pub @ International Plaza- Tampa, FL

Let's start with the fabulous stuff:
Have you seen their drink menu?  If you enjoy beer, this is your place.  Domestic, foreign, microbrews, mass brews, you name, they've probably got it or something very similar.  They also have a "Wall of Beer"-pour your own beer and pay by the ounce area upstairs.  Fantastic for the beer drinker in you.  Me?  I don't much care for beer but I do love some hard ciders and they don't disappoint there either- try a Crispin (light and sweet, ice cold, wet) or a Strongbow (medium-light, served slightly warmer than the Crispin, dry).


Their food menu boasts more traditional pub fare.  The best appetizer I've had?  The beer cheese dip with fresh pretzel bread and veggies.  I will likely order this every time I go and it is more than enough for 2-3 people.  The beer cheese dip is the consistency of cream cheese and served cold.  The pretzel bread is cooked fresh and I honestly have never had anything like it before.  You can even order sandwiches on this bread.  The veggies were carrots, celery and cucumbers and they worked almost as well as the bread with this dip.


The selection of burgers is decent with some twists not often found in regular restaurant.  Sure, they have sliders and regular sizes but they also have a lamb burger.  I tried the lamb sliders and they were unique.  My fiancee had the BBQ burger the first time we went and hasn't tried anything else so I think that speaks for itself.  Most sandwiches and burgers come with a fried pickle on the side.  The idea of anything "pickle" is not my thing but I'm clearly in the minority as everyone else gets them as an appetizer too.  More traditional English/Irish pub fare is available such as Shepherd's Pie made with a mix of lamb and beef and Fish 'N' Chips.  I found this to be surprisingly not fulfilling but the drinks, atmosphere, and beer cheese dip made up for it!


We haven't tried any of the desserts due to being so full.


The seating is inside or out.  The servers appear to be full of personality and know their jobs.  Samples of the beers are available.


The atmosphere has been energizing each time I've been there.  Flat screen tv's play the sport du jour including soccer.


On to the slightly less than fabulous:
Due to its popularity, there is always a wait.  Instead of a buzzer you get a text message alerting you to your table being ready.  As long as you have reception this isn't an issue.


The first time I went, the server forgot my appetizer and the fish 'n chips was less than crispy although the portion was very decent. The second time I went I was not satisfied with my lamb sliders.  I will stick to that fabulous beer cheese dip and drinks from this point forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment